With the boom of mobile in 2011, a large number of mobile enterprises have managed to establish themselves as leading roles in the market. However, after 6 years, as mobile enterprises are entering into the second half of development, lots of online markets have been formed, and business models have been verified. At this point in time, the extensive, low-quality apps are either eliminated or abandoned by users. What do these circumstances indicate? It simply means the expectations of the user experience has been elevated to a much higher level.
Because of these new standards, there have solutions to help reach these new benchmarks for building up positive user experience for new apps.
Last quarter, the leading app testing service platform, Testin, just announced a ‘Pre-release Testing Service’ which the vast majority of future apps cannot do without it. Pre-release Testing Service, as the name indicates, is the last step before the app release. The name is simple; however, the process is not. Enterprises face several critical problems in the process of carrying out app tests.
- App test dimensions, methods and tools are numerous. How many of these methods and tools should companies use? To what extent of testing should be considered enough?
- Which testing methods and tools are specially designed for the app before release?
- What criteria are used in measuring the amount of test services and tools purchased?
- How can the value of testing and input embody in the result? How does one confirm that the input of the test is appropriate?
- What’s the best amount to use for each time, and when?
- How to make the enterprise use advanced test ideas and methods in test work?
Industry veteran test expert Zhu Shaomin evaluated the ‘Pre-release Testing Service’ as the landmark of global app development stepping into the highly processed and professional period. app developers from billion-dollar unicorn companies to small startup teams all require high quality application testing services that’s efficient and cost efficient. Due to unified and quotable standardized tests, ‘Pre-release Testing Service’ can really become the ultimate gatekeeper for application quality.
Compared to the old version of testing, it has several changes. It clarifies the value of the app test itself and classifies customer’s differentiated needs for the first time. The old enterprise test is without standard, logic, or quantifiable. The new mode standardizes the quality inspection of apps through scientific methods before they release.
As for quality concerns, the quality system of Testin is fairly standard. It is based on the international standard for SQuaRE (Systems and Software Product Quality Requirements and Evaluation), the international standard ISO/IES 25051:2014 quality model, the national standard GB/T 25000.10-2016, and Testin Quality system. Also, when dealing with customers, it is not rigid. The app test scope, process, and assessment will be adjusted due to actual situation of the app developer, and the app can only be released after ultimate standard acceptance.
Testin ‘Pre-release Testing Service’ is formed of 4 major processes, 6 quality dimensions, 8 test combinations. 62 test indicators are inspected in one version to ensure that the app‘s current version is released with quality assurance. Each process has its own clear test objectives and the quality dimension corresponded. Meanwhile, the adding of agile test ideas, reduced the test and repair period greatly and the advantages showed are clearly as follows:
- No need to study various of complex test methods or tools.
- Measure the test requirements and budgets by app‘s version, effectively control budget and cost.
- Make sure every dollar put in test ensure the success of the release, reflect the value of test.
- During non-test cycle, no need to invest in any human or equipment resources.
- Strictly ensure that the work before release shall be finished on time with high quality.
- Significantly lower non–essential costs such as planning for test, equipment procurement, etc.
The 4 major processes are as below:
1. “Investigation” test target is to ensure that the app functions normally. Using comprehensive test and test combinations, the whole appfunction is checked through 360-degree review within a fixed period. Every defect that affects normal function has been troubleshoot. The focus of this phase is Functional Suitability;
2. “Verification” is the verification phase after the troubleshooting phase. On the basis of ensuring the app function, the real client is tested. It verifies whether the app design and characteristics meet the actual environment requirements. Meanwhile, it ensures that the client is available. The focus of this phase shall be Operability;
3. “Robust” test goal is to test robustness of app to ensure that the basic conditions for app operation can be normal, and can carry complex user usage after release. This phase focuses on Performance Efficiency, Security, and Reliability;
4. “Acceptance” is a large-scale regression, strengthening, and patching for the first three process testing items, which comprehensively inspects app quality, and shall be released ultimately through Testin combining with international standards ISO/IEC 25051:2014 quality model, the national standard GB/T 25000.10-2016 and Testin 170 million times app test so as to complete the comprehensive quality review of a large version app.
The outcome is reliable. Testin gives a very reliable, flexible and sustainable solution between test efficiency, test cost, and acceptance quality. Perform app test with Testin ‘Pre-release Testing Service’ before app release, which can ensure the app online timely, stable, without hidden danger and eliminate the developer’s previous malicious business attitude towards users.
Testin is a Testing as a Service (TaaS) based company that specializes in mobile app QA testing. After 170 million iteration tests of 2+ million apps in the past 6 years, Testin has grown from an idea to the leader in mobile app quality assurance testing. Testin has secured US$84.9 million in 3 Rounds from IDG, Banyan, Haiyin and CEL, and succeeded in not only capturing the domestic market in China, but also setting its foot into the global arena. Testin has been recognized as 2014 and 2015 Zero2IPO v50 China, 2014 Red Herring 100 Asia and 2015 Red Herring 100 Global, 2015 and 2016 Deloitte High-Tech & Growth Top 50 China. By addressing mobile and OS fragmentations, app‘s compatibility, functionality, user experience, performance, security and analytics, Testin builds thousands of developers’ (including McDonald’s, Nestle, Starbucks, Daimler, Philips, Kabam) confidence to ensure great experiences for their users.
Tel/Mobile: +1 (516) 277-6800